Sunday, May 9, 2010

Pandora's Box

First off, let me just say thanks to emwearz for having me on as a part of The Old Bits! Now, commence the blogging!

While shopping for Mother's Day gifts at the mall last night I made the obligatory trip into one of the two Gamestops that are located within. That's not a typo, there are actually two Gamestops in my local mall. There are also two more separate Gamestops right across the street in two separate mini-malls, which are right next to each other. Mind boggling, no?

So I went into one of the Gamestops and fruitlessly searched for some kind of lost treasure that hadn't been snatched up off the shelves yet, when suddenly something caught my eye. Something big, and beautiful, and expensive as hell. I am referring to this.


As you can tell from the picture, I did end up buying this beautiful box. It set me back a whopping $149.99, which admittedly may seem insane to some. That's the thing though, before I even knew the price, or what was inside, I felt compelled to buy it immediately. The box is just so pretty! Luckily for me, what was inside the box is all kinds of awesome.

Ladies and gents, I present to you the Madcatz Super Street Fighter IV Arcade FightStick Tournament Edition S, of the white variety. Hang on, I may need time to recover from carpal tunnel syndrome after typing out that name...


Now I'm not the best Street Fighter player in the world, but I grew up loving the games. I had every incarnation of Street Fighter II on the SNES, and any time I saw an arcade cabinet with Street Fighter on the marquee, I had to drop everything to play it. Currently, Street Fighter IV and Super Street Fighter IV on the Xbox 360 are both great games that I love to play, but I've never really felt comfortable with the 360 controller. It's functional, but I can't recall how many times I've tried to do Ryu's Ultra Combo, only to accidentally throw a shoryuken instead. After testing this bad boy out for a bit, I think its safe to say that the days of unwanted shoryukens are long gone for me.

I haven't had much time to play with it yet, but once I do I'll try to get a short review up for those who may be interested. It should be particularly awesome for retro-style XBLA games and some of the Game Room stuff!

Stay Retro!

7 comments:

  1. That's so awesome, I need to get hold of a arcade stick for fighters, for the same reasons you got yours. They are too damn expensive though, $150 is insane! Lovely score at any rate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. maybe a bit expensive for my taste (lol maybe this is not true since i want a steel battalion controller), but it's still fucking awesome indeed. waiting for that review. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that bad boy... Wireless??? I'm a D-pad fighter myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. apparently this box was indeed evil - it seems to have halted any further posts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Uni is keeping me very busy at the moment, however I finish up at the end of next week and should have a video review up not long after that.

    JFE2 should have a article up shortly.

    Sorry for the lack of content, just bust lives at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll have a post up today. Busy life indeed! :)

    ReplyDelete